Friday, June 23, 2017

One last "Outing" with my Friend Elaine--to NY Botanical Gardens

I knew as soon as June happened--time would "speed up" to June 12th (2017)--Departure Day for Elder Richard and Sister Elaine Holloway! AND IT DID!! But not before we got in one last outing--to the New York Botanical Gardens, in the Bronx. We rode the train (Metro North train out of Grand Central Station) straight to the Garden--that was a "fete" all by itself-for me!! And the train stopped right across the street from these Gardens. I "navigated by myself (no Ron) and I was pretty excited that I didn't 't get us LOST!!!
This is such a BEAUTIFUL PLACE.!! The gardens sit on a 250 acre site that was founded in 1891. I had only been there 1 other time--at Christmas 2016--to the Holiday Train show--which was truly amazing. So to get to see the spectacular grounds outside this time was just so amazing!! It was about the last thing Elaine and I did together and we picked a Wonderful time to go--the gardens had just "hosted" the Annual Rose Show from the Amy Rockefeller Rose Garden inside the NYBotanical Gardens. With these pics I try to "tell you" just how lovely these gardens really are!!--but there again , the photos just don't do it "justice"! But we'll enjoy them any way!!
At the entrance to the Plant Emporium--we didn't have time to go inside--but Elaine "peeked inside" and reported "It looks Amazing" in there!"

Garden Patio

Lots and Lots of perennials!!

The "sample Patio Garden"--LOVE IT!! Just figured out why I love it--we have pavers just like this back on our patio in Idaho!! I just need some "grooming lessons" on how to make things look like this!! Amazing beautiful!!

This "beckoned me" to sit and enjoy--wish I could have!!

From the Rockefeller Rose Garden 

Desert Rose--like the pink and yellow "wild roses" we had on the Farm in Sandy, Utah 




We "talked" Sister Miyashiro into ONE photo with us:
L-R--Elaine Holloway. Fusako Miyashiro, Carol Mumford
(But we got 3)!




This rose in honor of "Danish ancestors" AND  Megan Sears and Kyle Pierson who served Missions there


The "perfect rose"--nothing lovelier than that!! 


In the "climbing roses area"




This rose is in honor of "Goff ancestors from Shropshire, England" 

And this for my Mother, Grace Newbold Goff  and our oldest Grandchild--Grace Maria Mumford

At the Garden Entrance--Carol Mumford and Elaine Holloway ( one of my BFF's) 

That was truly an outing that we'll remember a long time and so glad we could go BEFORE Sister Elaine Holloway returned to her home in Rexburg, Idaho!!  We miss the Holloways so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment