Saturday, September 2, 2017

Coney Island. . . Take 2--August 28, 2017

CONEY ISLAND--it's like I've never been there!! I saw things so differently this time!! There really is a Beach, a Boardwalk, a Great Nathan's Hot Dog ( and sea delicacies, too) and RIDES GALORE!! July 4, 2016--we didn't really even SEE or get to ENJOY ANY OF THESE!!
A few of us Sister Missionaries--Kathy Nabors, Barbara Heideman and myself decided to make the trip out to Coney to check out the Ocean and grab a good ol' Nathan's hot dog!! We got on the Q at Times Square and after about an hour's ride--we arrived at this place that looked so different to me from my first visit last summer. So glad I got got to Redo this experience!! Pictures to PROVE we were there!
Sister Kathy Nabors, Carol Mumford, Barbara Heideman
On our way down to the Beach

Shoes off and sand in our toes--feels great!!

 
I am really enjoying this Nathan's hot dog!!

Sister Mumford with Famous Nathan's in the background

You can actually SEE the Beach--not a "sea of Beach umbrellas"!!

Sister Nabors was the first to dip her toes!! 

The "Soaring Eagle" one of the many Thrill Rides in this Amusement Park as part of the "Coney Island Experience"

" Are we crazy?" Barbara Heideman and I say as the Ride director locks us in our seats --STANDING UP!   Oh--this is Not Good!! 

We are screaming( well, I should say "I am screaming my head off" and Barbara is nervously  laughing at me" while both of us are desperately trying NOT TO GET DUMPED ON OUR HEADS!!
We "survived"-- just barely!! 
I thought it was a "Medium Thrill Ride--on our way out--checked the chart again--it was listed as a "HIGH LEVEL THRILL RIDE"-- no wonder it scared me to death!! Never again!


Sister Barbara Heideman enjoying this Beach and experience 


That was a great "kind of Spur of the Moment" activity and we did have a great time!! Thanks, Kathy and Barbara!!

No comments:

Post a Comment